fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

Gun Alternatives........

• The Old Hobbit
  • The Old Hobbit's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Prepper
  • Senior Prepper
More
20 Apr 2019 08:09 - 20 Apr 2019 08:12 #999 by The Old Hobbit
Gun Alternatives........ was created by The Old Hobbit
I am not sure if this is the best place for this as it is more about exploring alternatives to Guns, but it does have a direct connection.

If you live in a country or place where you are able to hold a firearm then this probably does not apply to you, however there are definitely moves in political circles to severely restrict, or in some cases, prohibit gun ownership as you currently know it. I know there are a some who say that they will die before giving up their guns, but there will be a vast majority who wont and the restriction are already evident in certain parts of the US.

Here in the UK we were disarmed decades ago so this is nothing new to us and although we may not necessarily agree with it, we in the most, do comply with the restriction. I am a shooter and although I have to register and be licenced, it does mean that the authorities know what I have, where it is and where they can get hold if me when they want to. There are not many types of firearm (except hand guns) we cannot get hold of and providing you are a club member, have a licence and been checked out by the police, you can own a gun and use it on a range........ no we cant have open carry!!

All that aside, I have looked at different types of defence that could be used in a growing SHTF situation and I know that lots of people over here have air weapons, bows and crossbows, but these are now under scrutiny by our establishment. Air weapons do not need to be licenced in England, but a licence is required in Scotland and N Ireland, I am not sure about Wales. I can guarantee that England will soon require all air weapon owners to register them and pay for a licence. The same thing for crossbows......... We have just this week seen in the news that a man was shot and seriously injured by a crossbow and we are waiting to see if this becomes our first fatality with a crossbow. I can see these items being severely restricted in the near future, needing a license and no longer openly on sale to those of us over the age of 18.

I was just wondering on the thoughts of others on how we can still prepare without becoming a target of the authorities........ Just being on here has no doubt put me up there as a suspect LOL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2019 11:31 #1001 by TheWatchman
Replied by TheWatchman on topic Gun Alternatives........
Please login to view the answers
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Old Hobbit

• beedo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Apr 2019 07:43 #1011 by beedo
Replied by beedo on topic Gun Alternatives........

More
21 Apr 2019 21:49 - 21 Apr 2019 21:51 #1050 by oldDave
Replied by oldDave on topic Gun Alternatives........

More
21 Apr 2019 22:10 - 21 Apr 2019 22:12 #1061 by oldDave
Replied by oldDave on topic Gun Alternatives........

More
16 May 2019 21:31 #1338 by Rusty
Replied by Rusty on topic Gun Alternatives........

More
21 May 2019 17:19 #1397 by KevinH
Replied by KevinH on topic Gun Alternatives........

More
22 May 2019 15:42 #1399 by BOSCO
Replied by BOSCO on topic Gun Alternatives........

More
30 May 2019 04:55 #1521 by Slopokeks1
Replied by Slopokeks1 on topic Gun Alternatives........

• stonyman002
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
05 Jun 2019 22:38 #1603 by stonyman002
Replied by stonyman002 on topic Gun Alternatives........