fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

EMP for newbs.

More
03 Mar 2019 19:53 #505 by Slopokeks1
EMP for newbs. was created by Slopokeks1
First of all please don't take this as saying it can't happen.

I've been trying to educate myself on the possibility of an EMP and the effects that would take place in the event it happened. To be totally honest I do not currently prep for EMP (well other than not having batteries in electrical devices). There is so much conflicting material on what would be the effects of an EMP. For instance I have read anything electronic in nature would be destroyed, only certain things would be destroyed and only things that have a power source connected (batteries installed or hooked to a socket) would be destroyed.

Another thing that I do not get is I have read if a nuclear bomb goes off you are done if you live within a 100 mile radius. Well to me if a nuclear weapon is set off high in the atmosphere the radius of radioactive contamination would be much much larger due to winds and such. So with living in KS (I mean realistically KS or very close to it would be the most logical target for an EMP) I am pretty much done for within months regardless what I prep for. I mean if I had a fully stocked bunker with air filtration, enough food, water and ways to get rid of waste I could live the rest of my life under ground (as long as I was in the bunker when the EMP was set off). I mean the soil, water and air would be done for for several decades correct?

As I said, I'm not saying it can't or won't happen. I mean look at the world today, there is plenty of nuts with or trying to get nukes that would do it. But I think it would take a nut to launch an EMP to destroy a country which would also destroy the possibility of inhabiting that land for several decades. To me it would make much more sense to have a few small squads of people destroy a few key transfer stations and sit back and let the population destroy itself to a much more manageable number to come in and mop up a few years or a decade later. I've read in several places that if key transfer stations or power stations were destroyed that some of the important components do not have spares and would take weeks if not months to build and then install. Within a week this country would most likely be a mad house, not quite sure you could get the people to leave their families to build let alone install these components..

If I am wrong and I would have a fighting chance of survival if an EMP was set off please let me know.. I am seriously under the impression the land, water and wildlife would be contaminated for hundreds if not thousands of miles in the event it happened, and be so for years if not decades.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2019 02:19 #512 by Priscilla
Replied by Priscilla on topic EMP for newbs.
Please login to view the answers

• kmussack
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Mar 2019 13:46 #523 by kmussack
Replied by kmussack on topic EMP for newbs.

More
04 Mar 2019 16:43 #526 by Slopokeks1
Replied by Slopokeks1 on topic EMP for newbs.

• kmussack
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Mar 2019 20:52 #530 by kmussack

More
05 Mar 2019 01:04 #538 by Slopokeks1
Replied by Slopokeks1 on topic EMP for newbs.

More
05 Mar 2019 21:11 #555 by BOSCO
Replied by BOSCO on topic EMP for newbs.

More
05 Mar 2019 21:55 #556 by Soaring16
Replied by Soaring16 on topic EMP for newbs.

• kmussack
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Mar 2019 14:04 #567 by kmussack

More
07 Mar 2019 04:18 #589 by BOSCO
Replied by BOSCO on topic EMP for newbs.