fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

PREPPING ADVICE

More
19 Mar 2020 19:51 #3458 by brads50
PREPPING ADVICE was created by brads50
with everything the way it is,i want to start this thread. many new people are waking up and i have noticed many questions on the video chat. this will be a good spot to post info for them.

you need a couple things for bugging out or a BUGGOUT PLACE

1> MUST HAVE WATER. a well is not going to hel;p with no electricity.carrying wtaer will get old fast and take time. best bet will be a spring,clear running stream,or lake near the house. preferably uphill from the house. then you can pipe it into the cellar or even an outside tank.

2> you need trees. wood is going to be needed for heat. the closer this is the better. this 1 people under figure. i watched videos on people doing a challenge where they lived in cabins like 100yrs ago. whatever you think you need for firewood,double or triple it.where do you plan to get this? yes kinda easy to call someone now,might not be by next winter.

3 LOCATION. at this moment it makes sence to have it rural and hidden from towns. however,is this the best long term? you want to be safe now but you also need neighbors and be where you can work with communities. who do you want to trade goods with, be it food or that valuable firewood? who will help you stay safe and keep informed? you will want a small town nearby.preferably walking distance,so within 5 miles.

4> SAFETY this i have seen debated enuf to draw some informed conclusions. as ED says this is my opinion. i do not see the people from the big cities hitting the rural areas. a few may but not hoards. people will be in panic mode,they will follow as sheep. what do they do now? travel via highways that lead to the next metro.

take NYC. major highways come out and go where? across the north of NY state.to the NE states,and south to Philly and DC. theree are some upper $$ people who will travel to the Catskills. for the most part if you are a few miles off these highways you will not get a large crowd.

use this info to your advantage. a place that can see the highway from high up but isn't right on a main river will work. the more centered you are between major cities the better. anyone who will leave the city and attack you has to get past all the other places along the way.

in small rurtal areas,you still have people not prepared. you will have welfare people. nothing wrong with that if they are willing to work and not just have the "give me" mentality. trailor courts are famous for the wrong people. the guy who hunts now and then is armed. what will he do when his family is hungry? sit and wait for the government and then find you. what about the guy who works in an office? he may have moved for the scenery but have no clue how to grow a tomato let along raise pigs. with 3 kids,he spends his time running back and forth between the house and sports events or stores. know your threats.

4> NATURAL FOOD. apple trees,pears,deer,rabbits, pheasants, wild boar,fish, what does your area have?? learn this. learn what edible plants grow in your area and what is growing close.

5> average person based on old stats needs 1/4 acre of food. due to the US diet of 2020, i'd double this to half acre. this does not include meat. this is how much fruit and vegetables and grain you will need to grow and harvest.

6> you can see by those few items,you need a communtiy. land for firewood,food,add in land to grow feed for animals= how many acres??? obviously more than 1 person is going to take care of by themself. remember the AMISH do this, but with how many children??
The following user(s) said Thank You: trail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2020 22:18 #3478 by brads50
Replied by brads50 on topic PREPPING ADVICE
Please login to view the answers

More
25 Mar 2020 02:40 #3527 by billybob
Replied by billybob on topic PREPPING ADVICE

More
25 Mar 2020 02:54 #3528 by billybob
Replied by billybob on topic PREPPING ADVICE

More
04 Apr 2020 17:55 #3724 by trail
Replied by trail on topic PREPPING ADVICE