fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
*** BUCKET BLITZ SALE - 25% OFF ALL BUCKETS - FREE MERCHANDISE FOR ORDERS OVER $500 - SEE IMAGE ON HOMEPAGE FOR DETAILS ***
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

Calories IN vs Calories OUT

• Serenity Farms
  • Serenity Farms's Avatar Topic Author
More
23 Aug 2019 13:19 #2170 by Serenity Farms
Calories IN vs Calories OUT was created by Serenity Farms
So... as most people know, or SHOULD, weight loss happens when there is a calorie deficit , meaning cal. coming IN are LESS than cal. going OUT! Example: I am a Master's professional Body builder currently preparing for a show. I am ingesting almost 3,000 cal. per day, or 500 per each of 6 meals. I am extremely active (weight training, hiking, kayaking, walking, cutting wood, building stuff, farming, and all things prepping and building a "community site'. I am very lean at approx. 4.5% body fat. Point is, I am only feeding muscle and providing energy for my daily activities (almost:). My resting BMR (basic metabolic rate is just over 2,500), meaning if I sat on the couch for 24 hrs and just breathed, I would burn approx. 2,500 cal. every day! Now, obviously I am not normal, lol, yeah, yeah... With my low body fat and high level of activity, and placing myself in a calorie "deficit" , I lose weight quite quickly. During the "off season" I consume almost 4,000 calories per day!! So what's the point of this rambling post:)? Well, my current lifestyle of being lean and eating 6 times per day will be history when SHTF (at least the eating 6 times certainly will be). But I am trying to stock more food every day of some sort. Carbs, protein and fat!!
What are YOUR basic daily calorie requirements? Do you PREP factoring this in? Then do you add MORE calories to try and compensate for the all day/every day insane amount of work that will be required to maintain a prepper's lifestyle and any sense of "normal"? Most "pre-packaged" EMERGENCY food avg. between 1,500-1,800 calories per day, and almost exclusively from HIGH GLYCEMIC WHITE CARBS. (can you say glucose shock:). Hardly any fat and protein. I rarely ever eat White carbs as they signal the body that INSULIN is needed (and a NAP), and neither of these are good regularly. **BUT... you will be burning these calories quicker than you eat them so it likely won't be nearly as detrimental to your health as a group of crackhead, libitard killers looking for a cookie! And they are quite CHEAP. POINT: However many calories YOU think you eat, it ain't enough. ( I stock complex carb sources more than White carbs because complex carbs are more filling and burn off more slowly, and healthier:) That does not mean I don't have buckets and bags of White rice somewhere, just more complex carbs. EAT oatmeal, sweet/Red taters, PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING green (NOT MOLD Green either.lol), 100% Wheat products (if not Gluten sensitive), grow Green (granny smith) apples, strawberries, blueberries, peppers, zukes, squash of all kinds, and more. **All can be canned and dehydrated too! Bottom line... however much food you THINK you have, it is NOT nearly enough for the constant work, mental "stress', and extra people we all know we will likely feed over shooting.lol. (or not:) Anyway, keeping it light if I can, but dead serious about all aspects of what is happening in country/world and getting READY!! Now go get some Green beans:) And buy some cheap 10lb bags of protein powder and mylar bag it. It is needed, MEN especially

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Serenity Farms
  • Serenity Farms's Avatar Topic Author
More
23 Aug 2019 13:23 #2171 by Serenity Farms
Replied by Serenity Farms on topic Calories IN vs Calories OUT
Please login to view the answers

More
23 Aug 2019 14:07 #2173 by TheWatchman
Replied by TheWatchman on topic Calories IN vs Calories OUT
Please login to view the answers