fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

Storage Bags

More
01 Sep 2019 11:22 #2209 by trail
Storage Bags was created by trail
As supplies amass, they start looking less and less organized, and more like evidence for mental illness.

I've been experimenting with ways to group items, create compact and strong transportables.

1. Organza bags. You've seen sheer tie bags at dollar stores, or filled with Jordan almonds at weddings. Larger versions can be bought online, including ones that fit letter-sized paper. They are not waterproof, and seams are not strong, but they are helpful for grouping small computer accessories, pens, socks, kids' toys.

In a backpack, they'd help divide categories without adding bulk or weight. In the house, they look less chintzy than plastic bags.

2. Pillow cases. If you expect family and friends might show up at your house during a storm evacuation, extra pillowcases are useful
They can hold a few outfits and double as a pillow. People who come will have a bag to toss things in. Easily washable.

I've sewn a lightweight strap inside a few, that would not be noticeable while sleeping. I already had carpet binding, and it turned out a strong weave, easy to work with.

3. Gallon tie plastic bags. I know this is obvious, but wanted to remind that these are cheap, lightweight, compact, waterproof. Sometimes we imagine we need an official case, when it would be more efficient to throw it in a plastic bag. For those of you avoiding plastic for health reasons... ignore this line item.

I'll add more later, someone's at the door.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stonyman002
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
01 Sep 2019 18:41 #2210 by stonyman002
Replied by stonyman002 on topic Storage Bags
Please login to view the answers

More
01 Sep 2019 20:59 #2212 by DDP
Replied by DDP on topic Storage Bags

More
02 Sep 2019 12:28 #2217 by trail
Replied by trail on topic Storage Bags

More
02 Sep 2019 17:34 #2228 by trail

More
03 Sep 2019 18:29 #2236 by DDP
Replied by DDP on topic Storage Bags

More
05 Sep 2019 11:26 #2243 by trail