fbpx
Menu
Don't Eat Your Friends, Buy Legacy Foods Instead!!! ### Thank You For Visiting Preppernurse1.com - Ordering Now Available - Make Sure To Hug & Kiss The Ones You Love - S.T.D. One Step At A Time, One Thing At A Time, One Day At A Time ###
Forum/Community Rules (02 Mar 2019)

This is the short and sweet version. Most of it is just common sense. We just want to ensure a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

Nuclear radiation

More
02 Sep 2019 23:13 #2229 by trail
Nuclear radiation was created by trail
I ran across an old handout from a nuclear training class I'd taken, official info and training.
I thought I'd share a few details, things outside of our normal thought processes.

* If radiation leaked, get to an indoor spot where you can stay, and immediately change your clothes, put your old ones in a bag. Cut long hair and put that in bag. Rinse off in a spot where liquid can be contained and removed. Dispose of anything that has been outside.

* Use baby shampoo (grease-cutting) and hydrogen peroxide. Do not use soap or conditioner, anything with oils/emulsifiers -- they mix with the radiation.
This also pertains to epidemic outbreaks. Wash in downward strokes, do not re-use washcloth.

* Mix dry powdered soap with cornflakes (yes), into a paste... rub it into hair to absorb as much as possible, rinse well.

* Rinse mouth with hydrogen peroxide, spit out. Lemon extract (citric acid should work) helps remove radiation.

* Keep rubber gloves at hand, in case you need to pick up others' clothes, support someone, treat bleeding, or touch something that's been outside. Use talc inside gloves to protect.

* If walking out in contaminated area, protect skin with lotion (yes sounds like conflict of into, but also makes sense). Long sleeves and total coverage.

* Do not eat food out on the counter. Eat only canned/contained food.

* Block cracks under doors with wet towels.

* If radiation leaked into waterways, do not drive a boat -- it will churn up and spread it faster, and splash on you.

* Cement basement blocks radiation many more times than wood walls.

* Walking on asphalt better than gravel or grass. A Chernobyl evacuee burned feet-- riding bicycle over grass, with shoes on.

* Keep HEPA filters on hand, a few for each person: High Efficiency Particulate Air filter masks.

Sometimes I feel like I'm overdoing prep mindset and actions, but this was a matter-of-fact reminder that professional response teams are also "paranoid preppers."
The following user(s) said Thank You: inthewind

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2019 02:12 #2232 by inthewind
Replied by inthewind on topic Nuclear radiation
Please login to view the answers

More
05 Sep 2019 12:39 #2245 by trail
Replied by trail on topic Nuclear radiation
Please login to view the answers